EMFIL Double Walls
EMFIL Double wall consists of two shells about 5 to 7cms thick, made of reinforced concrete, which are combined with each other by means of lattice girders. An empty space remains between the shells of at least 7cm which shall vary depending on the total required wall thickness.
Any tie steel joining the wall to the foundation or other adjacent EMFIL Double walls or half floor units is placed in the cavity prior to concreting. After assembly of the precast segments the EMFIL Double wall elements can be grouted with insitu concrete. As soon as the filling core is hardened, the total cross-cut has the effect of a monolithically manufactured in-situ concrete wall.
All additional components like cellar windows, fire retardant doors, door frames, electrical wiring conduits and splitting boxes are installed at the factory.
General advantages of EMFIL Double wall system
- The EMFIL Double wall has the effect of a homogeneous in-situ concrete wall.
- Provisions for cellar windows, fire retardant doors, door frames and electrical wiring conduits and splitting boxes is done at the time of casting itself.
- Both surfaces are smooth, so no plaster is required and is ready to be painted immediately.
- The components are delivered "just-in-time".
- No investment costs for form work.
- Labor costs are considerably lower.
- Formwork transport, as well as erecting and dismantling the form work can be avoided.
- The fast progress in construction makes it possible to keep the pre-financing costs much lower.
- Pre-casting takes place in work sheds and therefore weather conditions are irrelevant.
- No deadlines for dismantling of formwork.
- Less construction site equipment required.
EMFIL Double wall manufacture is based on an automatic production system, therefore overall lengths and prescribed reinforcement is always exact.
EMFIL Insulated Double walls
Advantages of EMFIL insulated Double wall System
The integral insulating layer of EMFIL Double wall panels produces a variety of benefits:
- Superior insulating properties.
- A high thermal mass unmatched by any other material, including wood and steel.
- Excellent R – values
- Minimal penetration to the integral insulation layer, ensuring no breaks in the thermal protection compared with wood or steel systems.
- A thermal mass that modifies large daily swings in temperature.
- Elimination of air infiltration at joints between panels due to a secure, consistent envelope.
- Durable composition precast panels to produce savings over the life of the building.
- Solid exterior Double layers ensure insulation remains in place over time, allowing no settling or shifting that could reduce efficiency.